Undergraduate Bursary Award
Innovation in Dentistry
Win one of two bursaries worth up to £1,000 as part of the Association of Dental Groups' (ADG) award for undergraduate entries describing innovative ways of delivering dental care.
The Association of Dental Groups - the representative body of UK dental groups - is running a competition open to undergraduate students undertaking dental, hygienist, therapist and dental technician courses.
Entries should describe how innovative techniques and ways of working can improve how dental care is provided for patients. Examples of innovation may include how the full dental team can be involved with patient care, the use of technology or engaging patients with their dental care.An experienced panel of prestigious judges will evaluate all submissions and the Awards ceremony will take place at the BDIA Dental Update Study Day, to which all winners are invited to attend for free.
This ADG ‘Innovation in Dentistry’ bursary is open to all UK undergraduate dental students:
- Clinical Dental Technicians
Two bursaries will be awarded: Gold £1,000 and Silver £750. The application must be supported by a reference from a tutor at your training school.
Entries should describe how innovative techniques and ways of working can improve how dental care is provided for patients.
Consideration may be given to the following areas:
- Engaging patients with preventative messages
- The use of current and future technologies
- How the whole dental team can deliver care (“skill mix”).
- Potential barriers to different ways of working and how they may be overcome
How to Apply
- Application instructions are available here.
- Do not make statements or inferences which personally identify the applicant within the application text as all applicants will be assessed anonymously.
- Entries will be judged by an expert panel.
The application consists of answering the following question:
- Describe how innovation in dentistry can improve dental care.
The application must be supported by a professional referee from your training school. The references of the short listed candidates may be contacted prior to the award.
The final deadline for submissions is the 30th June 2018, with the winners being notified on 1st September 2018.
The ADG is very pleased to announce that the 2018 Bursary Awards are being presented in collaboration with Dental Update and The Dentist. Winners will be invited to an awards ceremony at the BDIA Dental Update Study Day to be held on 4 October 2018 in London.
For more information use our contact form.